All Points Mobile Shredding Blog
Startling Facts & Risks About Your Company’s Security
How Shredding Can Reduce Risks
Running a successful business is a lot of work and keeping your company safe from security breaches and corporate ID theft takes diligence. Paperwork, documents and files that are stored within the workplace can pose a risk if not managed, maintained and destroyed appropriately. Leaving sensitive information out in the open can lead to theft or loss which ultimately causes financial damage to your company and to your reputation.
Here are some facts that may surprise you:
- 1 in 3 employees admit to saving their work passwords on a list on their computer or device
- 3 in 10 employees do not make any efforts to shred mailing labels or confidential paperwork
- The average cost of a data breach is more than $8 million
- Nearly 40% of small business owners report they do not have a policy for disposing of confidential paper documents
- More than 30% of small business owners report that their employees have left documents with sensitive information out in the open at the workplace
- Nearly 40% of small business owners report that employees default to printing out paperwork that need to be reviewed or signed
Benefits of Implementing Shredding Policies in Your Business
Ensuring that your company’s ID is safe and protecting confidential information is easier to achieve when you know your risks and understand how to mitigate them. Shredding documents on a regular basis is the key way to safeguard your business. A regular shredding program offers numerous benefits in addition to reducing the risk that documents with sensitive information do not fall into the wrong hands. Benefits include:
- Reduce Human Error
- Prevent Theft
- Proof of Destruction
- Peace of Mind
All Points Mobile Shredding can help you safeguard your company’s confidential information and records. We provide full-service shredding and destruction including paperwork, files, hard drives, devices, company-branded clothing and much more. Give us a call today or fill out this form to find out how we can serve you.
Get Your Quick Quote
Ask about Our
Guaranteed Pickup Times!