All Points Mobile Shredding Blog
Secure Product Destruction Is Crucial to Your Business
What, Why & How to Ensure Safe Destruction
Every company has items that are exclusive to their business, whether it’s the products you produce, manufacture and/or distribute or your company’s staff-IDs, key cards, uniforms, name tags, or anything else that is proprietary in nature. It’s these items that can cause a security risk if they end up in a trash bin, recycling container or ultimately in a landfill. Product destruction is a key way to protect your business and your reputation from ID thieves and dumpster divers who are on the lookout for ways to breach your business and steal information.
What Products Pose a Security Risk?
In addition to the items listed above, there are many company materials that are exclusive to your business that you wouldn’t want to fall into the wrong hands. These include:
- Company stationery
- Business cards for employees
- Branded work-wear
- Branded apparel (hats, shirts, etc.)
- Packaging and labels
- Marketing materials
- Defective products
- Expired or outdated products
- Any items with your company logo
What Are the Risks of Discarding Branded Company Products?
When it comes to your business, reputation is everything. The risks of having your products or company branding obtained by the wrong people are numerous, take a look:
- ID thieves can use branded uniforms to engage in criminal activity (posing as an employee to commit unlawful activities)
- Disgruntled employees or fraudsters can misrepresent your company or gain illegal entry into protected company areas, etc.
- Labels, stationery & marketing materials can be made into counterfeit items and used by ID thieves to scam your customers
Benefits of Secure Product Destruction
Implementing a secure product destruction plan can protect your company and your brand while preventing misuse and misrepresentation as well as provide the following benefits:
- Protect your bottom line against fines for non-compliance and lawsuits related to loss of confidential company information or misuse and criminal activities carried out in your company name
- Eliminate clutter in your warehouse or stockroom by cleaning out and destroying outdated uniforms, apparel and other branded items
- Peace of mind that your company items won’t fall into the wrong hands
All Points Mobile Shredding is a family owned and operated company located in Stuart, Florida. We provide full-service shredding and destruction for your business, including branded items, clothing, uniforms, stationery and much more. Talk to us today about how we can help you ensure that your company name and reputation remains safe. Give us a call or fill out this form to get more information.
Get Your Quick Quote
Ask about Our
Guaranteed Pickup Times!