All Points Mobile Shredding Blog
Regular Shredding Programs
Why every business needs them
Whatever business you’re in, it’s likely that you spend much, if not most of your time on a daily basis dealing with customers, filling orders or in production, managing staff and overall operations. Which means that there’s little time for ensuring that documents and paperwork are properly stored and destroyed safely and appropriately. But even if you’re shredding records on your own, it’s difficult to maintain proper destruction when you’re dealing with the day-to-day tasks of your business. If you’ve been thinking about a regular shredding program but are still on the fence, here’s all you need to know to help you decide:
Benefits of a regular shred program
Implementing a regular shred program for your business has many advantages—the first and most obvious one is the time you’ll save when you no longer have to handle the task on your own or assign it to a staff member. In addition, a regular shred program will:
- Protect your company from corporate ID theft by ensuring safe and secure destruction
- Ensure compliance with state and federal agencies when it comes to records retention
- Free your office space from the clutter of unneeded, outdated documents
- Ensure a secure chain of custody of documents
- Provide a consistent and up-to-date record of destruction for legal purposes
- Free up employees to work on more important tasks
- Have a clear system of document storage, retention and destruction saving time when searching for paperwork or records
- Eliminating the need to purchase or maintain in-house shredding machines
It’s also a way to ensure your company is environmentally responsible
A regular shred program also ensures that your documents will be recycled safely.
In fact, the papers that you shred in-house cannot be securely recycled for a few reasons—one, recycling facilities cannot process loose shredded papers and two, if placed in a recycling bin, it is all too easy for an unscrupulous person to get their hands on them. Also, if you bag your shredded documents and toss them into the recycling bin, they will most likely end up in a landfill. On the contrary, when you enlist the services of a shredding provider, all of your papers are securely shredded, then bundled before being recycled.
All companies look for ways to save time and money to increase their bottom line. In the long run, having a regular shred program will do just that, while ensuring that you’re protected against security breaches and are remaining compliant with regulations on record retention and destruction.
To get started on a shred program for your organization, give us a call today at 800.696.8483. All Points Mobile Shredding has been serving commercial and residential clients for more than 20 years and we are committed to fulfilling all your shredding needs.
Get Your Quick Quote
Ask about Our
Guaranteed Pickup Times!