What Is NAID AAA?
NAID® has always been the watchdog association for secure shredding operators worldwide and together with PRISM International™ the joint association now represents all four pillars of records and information management: physical records and information storage, data protection and media vaulting, digitizing and scanning, and confidential records and information destruction services. i-SIGMA® is the umbrella association for these two divisions that stand united, heralding the proper information lifecycle management needed in today’s regulatory climate.
Virtually all laws governing data protection require written information protection procedures, including written criteria for selecting a qualified data destruction vendor. Stating in your policies that your information destruction vendor must be NAID AAA Certified, and choosing one that is, satisfies that legal requirement and protects you and your business.
All Points Mobile Shredding is NAID AAA Certified
All Points Mobile Shredding is NAID AAA Certified. This certification represents the highest standards accepted by the information destruction industry. NAID Certified companies undergo announced and unannounced audits. These audits scrutinize their hiring practices, procedures for destruction, equipment, and facilities.
The following are some of the security specifications that NAID auditors verify:
- Anyone with a known history of related-crimes are not employed by the data destruction company
- Security and operations policies and procedures are written and followed
- Destruction equipment is functioning properly and safely
- Access to sensitive and confidential materials is restricted at all times
- Containers and vehicles protect information from unauthorized access at all times during transport and processing
- That there is an audit trail, including CCTV image capture and retention, and a thorough, documented chain of custody
NAID AAA Certification is the only real security assurance in the document destruction industry.
This short video at the top of the page further explains how, by selecting a NAID AAA Certified company, you are actually fulfilling important regulatory requirements. It also emphasizes the importance of ensuring that the policies and procedures of your data destruction company contain specific language and provisions for information destruction to protect you and ensure your compliance.
For more information or for a quote, please contact us by phone or complete the form on this page.