NAID® (National Association for Information Destruction) is the international trade association that governs information destruction service companies. NAID is a non-profit trade organization that was founded in 1994. NAID has forged strong relationships, both nationally and internationally, with policymakers and regulators and provides guidance and standards for the security industry around the world. NAID’s mission is to promote the information destruction industry and the standards and ethics of its member companies.
Virtually all laws governing data protection require written information protection procedures, including written criteria for selecting a qualified data destruction vendor. Stating in your policies that your information destruction vendor must be NAID AAA Certified, and choosing one that is, satisfies that legal requirement and protects you and your business.
All Points Mobile Shredding is NAID AAA Certified
The following are some of the security specifications that NAID auditors verify:
- Anyone with a known history of related-crimes are not employed by the data destruction company
- Security and operations policies and procedures are written and followed
- Destruction equipment is functioning properly and safely
- Access to sensitive and confidential materials is restricted at all times
- Containers and vehicles protect information from unauthorized access at all times during transport and processing
- That there is an audit trail, including CCTV image capture and retention, and a thorough, documented chain of custody
NAID AAA Certification is the only real security assurance in the document destruction industry.
This short video at the top of the page further explains how, by selecting a NAID AAA Certified company, you are actually fulfilling important regulatory requirements. It also emphasizes the importance of ensuring that the policies and procedures of your data destruction company contain specific language and provisions for information destruction to protect you and ensure your compliance.
For more information or for a quote, please contact us by phone or complete the contact us form on this page.