For employees, knowledge of their organization’s data security policies is vital. However, employees are often trained on these procedures when hired but then never given subsequent training. Another issue is when employees are hired mid-way through the year and are never trained.
An Information Security Tracker study showed that:
Semi-Annual Staff Training
Only 27% of large businesses and 10% of small businesses train their staff twice a year
Annual Staff Training
Only 41% of large businesses and 13% of small businesses train on an annual basis
As-Needed Staff Training
22% of large businesses and 42% of small businesses opt to only train on an as-needed basis
One-Time Staff Training
8% of both large and small businesses provide training only once during the average staff member’s employment
One step that can help an organization ensure that these policies are communicated to staff is to appoint an employee to be directly responsible for managing data security issues. 96 percent of large businesses appoint a Data Security Manager, while just over half of small businesses, 54 percent, have designated an employee to fill this position.
All Points Mobile Shredding will come to your place of business to provide employee information destruction training. This training promotes the proper destruction of discarded information and helps to keep your organization compliant with laws.
Here’s How It Works:
- All Points Mobile Shredding’s Information Security Expert will come to your place of business to discuss proper document destruction and procedures.
- Employees will view a 15-minute NAID Employee Information Destruction video presentation.
- Employees will be provided with written instructions on the organization’s specific information destruction procedures. As your service provider, we will be glad to help you prepare this document.
- Employees verify that they have participated in the training, viewed the training video, understand the written destruction instructions, and agree that ongoing compliance is a condition of their employment.
- According to regulators and NAID, organizations that properly train employees to protect sensitive data will not be held fully responsible if an employee acts counter to that training.
- Training makes it far less likely that your business, clients, or employees will be put at risk.
- There is a record of compliance, making your organization better protected from unauthorized access to sensitive information.
For more information on training or for a quote, please contact us by phone or complete the contact us form.